More about: Trevor Boswell
Trevor Boswell specializes in:
- unlawful competition
- alternative dispute resolution
- corporate law
- contractual disputes
- corporate fraud
- intellectual property
- trademarks and copyright
- administrative law
- sport law
Trevor Boswell Career:
- BCom LLB (Wits)
- 2009: Director, Werksmans
Trevor brings to clients over 13 years' experience in the field of dispute resolution working on matters for a variety of clients across a broad spectrum of industries. He has extensive experience in the area of unlawful competition which includes ‑
- advice relating to and the enforcement of Restraint of Trade Agreements;
- the execution of Anton Piller (search and seizure) orders;
- matters relating to theft of corporate opportunities; and
- matters relating to diversion of business.
- Representing South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL) in the highly publicised enforcement of e-tolls which is ongoing.
- Successfully representing the South African Reserve Bank in relation to disputes regarding the shareholding of the bank. This litigation included the enforcement of the legislation regulating the shareholding.
- Assisting both the Reserve Bank and the Registrar of Banks in relation to the investigation into the affairs of African Bank in terms of section 69A of the Banks Act and the events which culminated in African Bank being placed under curatorship.
- Successfully represented the Reserve Bank and the Registrar of Banks in the recent application instituted against them by Vardospan Limited in a dispute regarding Vardospan's application to acquire the majority shareholding in Habib Overseas Bank Limited.
- Involved in PAJA review proceedings brought against allaboutXpert (Proprietary) Limited by the Services Sector Education and Training Authority (SSETA) where SSETA has sought an order setting aside a tender awarded by it to, inter alia, aaX.
- Representing FEDHA Investment Holdings (Proprietary) Limited (which is a female black owned entity) in relation to various shareholder disputes that are ongoing.