More about: Paul Cleland
Paul Cleland specializes in:
- All aspects of competition law, including contested and uncontested merger approvals; cartel, abuse of dominance and other prohibited practices investigations; interim relief proceedings; and advisory and compliance.
- Paul has advised firms across a range of sectors and industries, including media and communications; mining; distribution and logistics; motor vehicle; chemical and industrial; forestry and agriculture; beverages; banking, insurance and financial services; regulated and electronic payments.
- Paul is able to provide advice regarding merger filing requirements in African jurisdictions outside of South Africa, including the regional COMESA competition regime.
Paul Cleland career:
- BA LLB (Wits)
- 2009: Director, Werksmans
Paul Cleland highlights:
- Commercial Contracts, Attorneys Admission Courses (2003 2004) (Law Society of the Northern Provinces)
- Commercial Contracts, Practical Legal Training (2003 2004) (Law Society of the Northern Provinces)
- Skills Transfer Project, Practical Competition Law Programme (2008 and 2010) (Law Society of South Africa, LEAD & SASSETA)
- Named as:
- a recommended lawyer in Competition by the Legal500 (2012 and 2016)
- an up and coming lawyer in Competition by Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2013 - 2016)