More about: Michiel Heyns
Employment Litigation and Dispute Resolution:
- Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court, High Court, Constitutional Court, CCMA, Bargaining Councils;
- Unfair dismissal disputes, unfair labour practice disputes, interdict application, restraint of trade disputes, contractual disputes, demarcation disputes, collective bargaining disputes, civil litigation arising from employment relationships;
- Advice on dismissals related to misconduct, poor performance, ill health and operational requirements, including chairing of disciplinary hearings, drafting of recommendations and findings and assistance with preparation for internal disciplinary hearings.
- Corporate restructures, commercial employment transactionsarising during mergers and acquisitions, transfer of businesses as going concern, retrenchments;
- Drafting of notices, letters, documents and agreements, including variation agreements, apportionment of liability agreements, voluntary separation agreements, agreements in terms of section 197 of the Labour Relations Act and notices in terms of section 189 of the Labour Relations Act;
- Employment law compliance audits and due diligence investigations.
- Employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, restraint of trade and confidentiality agreements, mutual termination agreements, collective agreements and service level agreements;
- Bespoke disciplinary codes and procedures, grievances procedures, workplace policies and procedures.
- Occupational health and safety legal compliance audits;
- Investigations into illegal conduct of employees such as fraud and theft;
- Advice on and undertaking legal proceedings arising out of forensic investigations.
- BA (Law) (Stellenbosch)
- Hons BA (Stellenbosch)
- MA (Stellenbosch, Leiden)
- LLB (Stellenbosch)
- 2011: Associate, Werksmans
- 2014: Senior Associate, Werksmans