Director, Head of Technology Practice
More about: Happy Masondo
- contractual, statutory and regulatory issues in the technology, power, mining and construction sectors
- public/private partnerships
- corporate governance
- complex technology supply and outsourcing arrangements
- complex construction projects
- telecommunications and IT outsourcing agreements
- software licensing agreements
- software resale agreements
- IT application service provider agreements
- technology research and development agreements
- regulatory advisory services to the public sector
- Public Finance Management Act regulatory advise to several government departments
- BA LLB LLM (Wits)
- LLM (Duke)
- 2001: Passed the New York Bar Exam
- 2009: Director, Werksmans
- Formerly the Executive Vice President – Legal Services and General Counsel at South African Airways (SAA).
- Prior to SAA, Happy was in the employ of White & Case LLP an international law firm with its headquarters in New York.
- Prior to White & Case, Happy worked as the Assistant Legal Adviser to former President Mandela; she also worked for the Legal Resources Centre (Johannesburg) and was a clerk to Chief Justice Arthur Chaskalson at the Constitutional Court. Happy also worked as a teaching assistant in constitutional law and interpretation of statutes at the University of South Africa.
- Happy sits as a Trustee on the Constitutional Court Trust as well as the Investec Entrepreneur Development Trust.
- Happy is a Morris Zimmerman Scholar and a Thomas Franklin Fellow.
- Ranked as a "highly regarded" practitioner for Energy & Infrastructure and Project Development in IFLR1000 (2018 & 2019).