More about: Deon Griessel
Deon Griessel specializes in:
- Project Finance
- Construction and Engineering agreements
- Exchange control matters
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Drafting and advising on a wide variety of commercial agreements including: Structuring of share transactions, lease agreements and property- related agreements
Deon Griessel career:
- BLC (University of Pretoria)
- LLB (University of Pretoria)
- LLM (University of Johannesburg)
- 1999: Director, Werksmans
- Advised on the preparation of numerous FIDIC based contracts, EPC documentation and other engineering contracts for Cronimet Chrome Mining, Taurus Gold, Dynamic Instruments, PG Glass, Glencore, Bateman Group and others in relation to the design and construction of various plants, mines, power stations and related infrastructure. Advised clients on FIDIC‑based EPC and engineering contracts relating to, amongst others, the Kusile Power Station the Medupe Power Station, together with mines in the Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso.
- Advised on the preparation of EPC and O&M contracts for SunEdison, Vestas Wind Systems A/S and Barloworld in connection with various solar energy plants, wind farms and a proposed gas fuelled power station in Mozambique, respectively.
- Represented Jidong Development Group, China in the proposed construction of a cement clinker production line in Thabazimbi RSA and in relation to its proposed new cement factory in Zambia.
- Represented Pan African Resources PLC, Universal Coal PLC and Glencore in relation to several projects ancillary to gold retreatment, coal mining and synthetic fuel plants, respectively.
- Represented SunEdison Energy Southern Africa Proprietary Limited and others as major shareholder, developer, EPC Contractor, O&M Contractor and sponsors to Firefly Investments 230 (RF) (Pty) Ltd in respect of a cross border project finance transaction for a solar energy project at Boshoff in round two of the IPP Procurement Programme.
- Advised Cullinan Mill Extension Project on NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract with Activity Schedule between Cullinan Diamond Mine and MDM Technical Africa.
- Represented Cobra Energia of Spain regarding the proposed erection of concentrated solar power (CSP) plant in South Africa.
- Advised NuPlanet regarding proposed hydro plant at Stortemelk Dam.
- Advised Xstrata on its Tswelopele Infrastructure Development Contract in Rustenburg area.
- Advised ABB Spain regarding issues relating to solar plant.
- Advised local banks on the funding of greenfields ferrochrome mine and plant erected by International Ferrometals.
- Named as a recommended lawyer in Projects & Infrastructure by Legal500 in 2018.