More about: Bankey Sono
- Employment and Labour law
- The new amendments to the Labour Relations Act
- Training on Sexual Harassment
- Employment Equity
- Strikes and lock-out
- Training on general workplace discipline and management of poor performance
- B.Proc (Wits)
- LLB (Wits)
- 2015: Director, Werksmans
- She specialises in Labour Relations and Employment Law (CCMA and Labour Court Litigation, Legal Opinions). Initiates and Prosecutes in disciplinary enquiries on for employers. Provides advise on Labour and Employment Related issues. Also practices in General High Court and Magistrates’ Court litigation in the law of delict, contract, unjust enrichment, construction and other ancillary matters such as urgent applications for interdicts. Drafting of contracts, providing opinions.
- Determining appeals brought by employees against disciplinary sanctions, determining appeals from applicants for new hospital licensing, additional beds and extension of health services, advising the MEC: Health, Gauteng Province.
- Collated information from various government departments on their compliance with Human Rights legislation such as Gender Equity Act, Bill of Rights, Labour Relations Act, etc. for the Human Rights Commission’s report to parliament.
- She acted at the Labour Court as a Judge during 2013 and 2014.