The long-awaited new International Arbitration Act came into force in December 2017. This important development heralds the dawn of a new era for arbitration in South Africa. Our speakers will outline these developments and the opportunities which they present. Topics will include the following:
- The International Arbitration Act and the UNCITRAL Model Law.
- The development of regional arbitration organisations, including AFSA International and CAJAC.
- Investment dispute resolution.
- Arbitration of building and construction disputes.
- Enforcement of arbitration awards.