Director, Head of International Tax
More about: Michael Honiball
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganisations of corporate entities
- International tax planning for corporates and wealthy individuals and families, including controlled foreign companies, foreign trusts, transfer pricing and thin capitalisation, settlor and beneficiary charges and double tax agreements
- Financial services taxation
- Tax structuring for international investment funds
- Private equity deal structuring
- Tax litigation, alternative dispute resolution and settlements
- LLM (Tax Law) (Rand Afrikaans University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- BA (Stellenbosch University)
- TEP of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Corporate Law Diploma (cum laude) (Rand Afrikaans University)
- Higher Diploma in Tax Law (Rand Afrikaans University)
- 2015 Director and head of International Tax, Werksmans
> Consistently recognised in international ratings. Named as:
- a ranked lawyer in tax by Chambers Global 2012-2016
- a recommended lawyer (Tax) by Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2014 - 2016
- a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales by Who's Who Legal 2013-2016
- a legal expert (Tax) by Legal 500 2012-2016
- an expert in his field by Legal Experts EMEA 2012-2015
- Olivier, L. & Honiball, M. 2009, The Taxation of Trusts in South Africa. Cape Town: Siber Ink.
- Olivier, L. & Honiball, M. 2011, International Tax: A South African Perspective. Fifth Edition. Cape Town: Siber Ink.
- IBFD Permanent Establishments (IBFD 2014) (Annual Update).