Our Technology practice acts for large local and multinational clients across borders, particularly in Africa.
Combining specialist commercial capabilities with information technology (IT) expertise, the Technology team ensures that clients are fully aware of the legal issues arising from the development, procurement and use of technology in their organisations.
The Technology team has extensive experience in negotiating, drafting and finalising complex IT related agreements, including sophisticated outsourcing arrangements, the establishment of electronic banks and international licensing and information technology development contracts. Other services include drafting electronic communications and website policies, and advising clients on the legal implications of electronic commerce.
In addition to legal expertise, team members have technical qualifications and experience and are fully conversant with the latest developments in the fast-changing IT environment. The team is experienced in representing providers of IT services and infrastructure, as well as clients acquiring such services and infrastructure on a local and international level.
From a litigation perspective, clients’ rights are protected and enforced through innovative, tactical and sustainable application of the law.
All members of the team are able to provide opinions on issues such as the interpretation of IT related legislation, including the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act of 2002.
- Telecommunications networks and IT outsourcing agreements
- Software development and licensing
- Software resale, original equipment manufacturer and distribution agreements
- IT system supply, equipment purchasing and rental
- Software escrow and disaster recovery arrangements
- Electronic payment and other IT services contracts
- Website and data hosting contracts
- IT application service provider agreements
- Electronic commerce and internet related transactions
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Due diligence investigations
Contact Director Happy Masondo, Head of our Technology practice area.
Download our Technology practice area overview
Meet the Technology team